February 5, 2016

What's with the name?

If you happen to read my post prior to this one, I mentioned changing my blog's name and URL. And obviously I just did, haha... So right now, I am doing tweaks here and there as the settings have to be updated too. Honestly, I did not really think of all the hassle changing the name address would bring, so I was in for a surprise! But in retrospect, it's all good.

Coi and I often talked about maintaining our blogs. She's the one who told me that it was difficult to remember my URL. It got me thinking; sure I spent quite some time coming up with that one. "kacibulangdiwa" is derived from my initials and a play with words "sibol ng diwa" (blossoming of the mind); technically my blog's name means the unfolding of my mind. But what I thought was a pretty good name (and meaningful) may not actually come across the same way to the readers. Though my main reason for having a blog had nothing to do with gaining an audience; it's still elating to know that someone  actually reads and appreciates my writing. I've been trying to think of a new name since then.

Why I settled for "Treading through Tine's Line"? If you read my previous posts, you may have noticed of my writing style. It's varied, haha. There are times I use colloquial language alongside idiomatic expressions. It's not a conscious thing though, sometimes, I try to express a certain sentence but can't think of a simple way to do so, thus ending up with metaphors among other figures of speech. In line with this, I wanted the name to still be personal, I wanted a witty name, something catchy and then I remembered the expression "tread a thin line" (same as walk a fine line).

But since the expression basically means being (careful ) in between two opposing options of which has nothing to do with my blog, I opted to use paronomasia. Yes, pun was definitely intended. So instead, of using "thin", I used "Tine"; a childhood nickname of which I am still fondly called, regardless of how much I insist they use my real name or at the very least my initials. 

So, I ended up with "Treading through Tine's Line".  What do you think of the new name? Is it better now or was the last one the good choice?

8 comments:

  1. Simply wіsh to say your articlpe іѕ aѕ amazing.

    Tһe clarity in ʏour post is simply great and i could assume yоu'rе an expert on thiѕ subject.
    Fine with your permission alⅼow mme tο grab your RSS feed tо keep upp to dɑte
    with forthcoming post. Tһanks a miⅼlion and please ҝeep ᥙp thhe enjjoyable wοrk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank youuuu so much for the kind words. I'm no expert though, I just find utter joy in writing and even more so when I learn that there are people who actually read them. Hope you left your name for me to address you properly though ��. But really thanks so much. I have not been updating as of late, ( pleae read newest post as to why ��) but given how nice and encouraging your comment is, I'll try to be more active. Thanks again and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loѵe your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make thiѕ websіte yourѕelf or did yοu hire someone to do it for you?
    Pⅼzz answer backk as I'm looking to сonstruct my own blog and would like to find out wherе u got tһis from.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiii! Thanks for the love! Yup, I kinda did my blog, "kind" coz I didn't hire anybody, don't have the cash for that �� but I was lucky enough to find really good blog designers whom I've asked on certain things and found lots of tutorial on line. My header though is designed by a relative who also happens to blog, heymamacoi.com, do check her out.

      And do drop by and tell me once you've got your blog up and running! Good luck ��

      Delete
  4. Thank ʏou for eѵery other informative site.
    Whesre еlse coulpd I am ցetting that kіnd of
    info ѡritten in sսch a perfect method? I һave a venture tha Ӏ
    am simply now operating on, and I'vе Ƅeen ɑt the glance
    outt for suϲh informatіon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for dropping by! Hope you find what you're looking for, have a great day! :)

      Delete
  5. That is reallʏ attention-grabbіng, You're an excessively
    professional blogger. I have joined your rrss feed and look ahead to seаrching fօг extra оf your great post.

    Also, I've shared yoᥙr site iin my socіal
    networks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, my reply is soo late but still, I'd like to say, thank you so much. Would have been better if you included your name and we can connect via social media too :)

    ReplyDelete