February 21, 2016

Belle de Jour Rendezvous: Woman with Vision

Remember when I said that I'll be covering events in a previous post? So this is it! The first Belle de Jour Rendezvous of the year is my first event! My cousin-in-law/mommy-blogger Coi had me tag along. I was so looking forward to it, since I am familiar with the brand; my sister had been using their planner for about 3 years now, and this year I availed a planner myself.


The meet-up was held in the Activity Center of  Gateway Mall in Cubao on the 20th of February, 2016, just this Saturday. It started at 1:00 in the afternoon and went through until 5:00 pm. The event was hosted by Lia Cruz, sportscaster and anchor at TV5.

(c) ilovebdj.com
The attendees or "Bellas" were encouraged to take part in the games and the talks by asking questions. They were also encouraged to be a Bella correspondent by posting the event online through the hashtags #BDJAT10 or #BDJWOMANWITHVISION and by tagging @BDJBUZZ.

(c) ilovebdj.com
The program itself was jam-packed with really great speakers who discussed varied topics ranging from being at peace with yourself, traveling solo, managing your finances and dealing with other personal struggles. The speakers are renowned in their fields as they are life coaches, bloggers and artists. Just hearing their extensive resume will perk you up! Plus, the topics were named appropriately.

(c) ilovebdj.com

Games and raffles were done in between to keep the air not-so boring, since it was siesta time. The food was provided by one of their sponsors, Goldilocks! (Sorry, wasn't able to take a picture, I was too hungry to care!) The prizes were also a great steal, guess the sponsors went all out. 

A loot bag was also prepared for the first 80 Bellas and a prize was give to the "early birds". They deserve it though, as they were already in the venue at 10:00 in the morning! Other than this, a couple of girls were given recognition for their "commitment cards", in keeping up with the theme of being a woman with a vision.  They read these out loud to the crowd. A post-gathering contest was also announced. The Bellas were invited to join by writing their BDJ Rendezvous experience and posting it on BDJ's official website. The winners will be announced later through their site as well.

-----------------
My Two Cents:
The speakers were great and I found myself enjoying the talk, considering that I have ADD of sort. I particularly enjoyed that of Rica Yulo's talk, "Harnessing your Power Within" since I find traveling solo much of a hassle. Plus, who ever traveled with no bags, seriously?! But she did, and I was like woahh....! As for the venue, I think it was quite small and too exposed. The shoppers passed us by and if you happen to glance up, people from upper floors were literally looking down on you! And even though it was a weekend and patay na oras, the traffic was terrible and it was hard for us since we commuted.

Then here's the thing, some of the staffs were not as accommodating as one would expect. I was very disappointed with this and quite annoyed with one particular girl. And though I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, she was downright rude as she addressed us, especially when Coi told her that we were bloggers. Sure, we were no power bloggers and pretty much wet behind the ears but her attitude was soo uncalled for. Heck, we had to find our own seats, which by the by, was way back already and that damn tarpaulin beside me kept on falling! Supposedly, every attendees got some prize, from the raffles in between the event or from the games played, but neither Coi and I had one as our names were not included. Then, as the event wrapped up, we basically had to beg for a loot bag. The annoying girl told us that they only had limited loot bags for the first 100 bellas, I think. And I must say, though we weren't early birds, we arrived earlier than our row-mates and that one particular girl who arrived mid-event and sat behind me. They had one bag each. She had one too!

Then, we were given a feedback form as an afterthought. Honestly, I was tempted to write nasty things but the event itself was good and there were some of the staffs who were nice and tried to be accommodating at best. The theme was well-thought of, the host did a great job in involving the audience and making the event interesting. Likewise, the guest speakers were noted in their fields, so what more can you ask for, right? But it would have been greater sans that annoying girl! Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment