April 30, 2016

Here's to a Decade of Friendship!

Last night, a good friend dropped by and literally laughed (since I had no idea) and told me that we were having a small get-together. I was like huh?! Since I haven't checked my phone nor have I been online just yet. 

To cut to the chase, my high school friends and I were meeting for the first time after 10 years without anyone dying in the process! Yep, you got it, we mostly get together when someone in our kin dies; and its not a really a good reason to reunite. Considering that our group really likes to laugh and laughter when someone dies isn't really a good idea.

It's been 10 years since we were complete! Ten freaking looong years. Some of us went overseas whilst some got so caught up with their careers. True friends are really hard to find. We've all realized that at one point in our lives. So thank God for the precious ones we got when we were in high school. The decade we've been friends is already a testament that we can tolerate each others' quirks among all others. Well, that a pretty  long time to adjust to each other's topak naman kasi!

When Friendster was all the rage. Photo by Anna P.
New Year 2014. Photo by
Jean S.
Just us girls! (c) Jean S. 2014
I feel really blessed, I am lacking in many things but I'm rich in friendship! It's not like everyone is given a chance to meet really great people in their lifetime and maintain good relationship with them, you know. Although, there were some who drifted apart throughout the years, we grew up but luckily most of us stayed in touch. I'm not really sure what keeps us together though. Initially, we had our own groups but time proved to be our ally and paved the way for us to be closer than we were before and thus here we are!
photo by Anna P.
Last night's impromptu get-together felt like how we used to do such. We talked - a lot, teased each other mercilessly, ate nonstop and drank as much as our stomach could handle. But in between the jokes and the quips, we got a bit sober and talked of relationships past, work woes or lack thereof in my case, marriage and having a family of our own. It sank in, we are sooo getting old!

photo by Anna P.
We complained a lot while this realization seemed to pass from one to the other and even "passed" our shot to the next person. But after one liter of hard liquor and three liters of beer, we finally called it a night. You know how they say that a person is most honest and vulnerable in a drunken state? I really think its true and last night was a classic example to that. We poured our innermost thoughts last night and the funniest side as well. I hope we get do this kind of thing more frequently and continue to nurture our friendship even when we really get to have our own families or when we really have to relocate and stuff but until then. . . I'm really counting my blessings. Here's to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment