August 15, 2014

Hooray for Me! :)

I've recently revived my blog, if I remember correctly, I had one during college days. It had lots of posts then but I decided to put it down, I guess my heart wasn't in it at that time. So anyway, since I've got lots of free time now, I thought why not write again? Don't get me wrong, I'm not that much of a writer, but I have lots of words in my head that could either be written down or make me go crazy!

Mind you, I'm not techie at all! It's a good thing Google answered a lot of my "what is" and "how-to's", else I would have given up altogether. I have no idea how to make a good blog, something that would be easy on the eye was my uppermost priority, I have to start somewhere, right? I looked for blog tutorials and followed some of the mainstream blogs in the country like Spell Saab by Saab Magalona and Hippie in High Heels by Erica Paredes.

Anyway, I was kinda conceptualizing the content and the design. I figured, I should just use a simple one and write about random things until I stick to the topics I am really confident about. I am quite rough around the edges but I am positive that I'll get better, in my good time though! Hey, I'm learning as I go.

So imagine my glee when I came across Dana Fox's Wonder Forest, a blog which offers a lot of blog-related stuffs, from templates, to navigation and even social networking site buttons, cool, right? She also posts about beauty and fashion as well as DIY. It's like a one-stop shop! Carrie Koehmstedt's blog Carrie Loves is also great! She tackles various things and also has tutorials in making your blog better. She also answers your questions, I emailed her twice now, and she's been a God-send! (thanks Ms. Carrie!) I also came across other blogger's tutorials, but I was more at ease following these two among others!

I was pretty hyped up after reading through all the posts and crossed my fingers before going ahead, and trying everything on my own, haha. Changes in the design later is a given but at this point, I'm happy with how it looks. As for now, I am contemplating on writing awesome posts or just something that makes sense. So until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment