August 7, 2014

Karen

I know oftentimes you resent me,
For I’ve given you cause to despair.
Remember always that we are sisters,
Despite our differences, we have a lot to share.

I’ve valued your laugh and smiles,
Even if it was at my expense
So when you’re hurt or when you cry
It leaves me feeling blue and deprived.

I know of your dreams and aspirations,
Believe me, I’m cheering you on.
But at one point or another,
I know, you thought I’m a dead weight put on.

I never thought I’m as courageous as you,
Hence, I preferred to be behind,
I guess, I didn’t think things through,
As you’re inadvertently left with all the vile

Please know that I understand,
All things considered, a lot went out of hand.
I know I have to exert more effort, as you need to see I’ve changed.
No longer will you have to endure the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment