May 8, 2016

Barely A Day Away!

I was with my parents earlier and attended mass for the "send off" on Monday. I have joined the bandwagon so to speak and took part in the PPCRV. I know, I know, I don't strike you as the "volunteer" type but I've always wanted to do so, but sadly, it never pushed through until recently. My parents and older sister were initially the only ones involved in this in our family. When I say I wanted to volunteer I was thinking more like in orphanages or in some remote place. I'm in the Education industry and I have time to spare so why not roll up those sleeves, right?

 The Simpsons season 12 episode 4 12x04 hippies
So, what made me sign up as a PPCRV volunteer, you ask? Hmmm. I joined the PPCRV since there was a dire need for volunteers. It's the least I can do as a responsible voter. Especially since this election seems to be more crucial than the previous elections. I guess its because of who are running for government positions or maybe that's just me. Well, a lot has happened and I'm pretty sure you are aware of the issues and scandals surrounding these people.

Am I ready for Monday?? Quite frankly, I'm not sure. As volunteers, the service we'll be putting in is free and unbiased. We were readied and made aware of some situations where we need to play it cool and invoke loooong patience. I should do well right, I mean I've taught plenty of "unique" kids in the day. Yet, I can't shake off the apprehension. Its been long established how grueling and chaotic election in the Philippines has been. And I'm not really that optimistic that this coming one would turn out otherwise. But still we're praying and hoping for a peaceful and orderly process.

hunger games volunteer

Anyway, if there's one thing that I'm really pleased about, its meeting new people and gaining new experience. Regardless of how things would turn out, this stint as a volunteer is going to be among the many I'll be doing. And that's a promise.

P.S. Let's just all pray for a clean and peaceful election on Monday, shall we?

___
gifs used in this post are from giphy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment