April 12, 2017

Unsent Letters



I wrote a letter to a friend as if time and distance didn't happen;
I wrote a letter to a friend as if I was just talking to him.
I wrote a letter to a friend detailing how my days went,
I wrote a letter to a friend with all the joys and tears 
                                                         I wish I could have shared with him.


I wrote a letter to a friend about the new friends and faces I've seen,
I wrote a letter to a friend gushing of all the places I've been;
I wrote a letter to a friend lamenting of my sorrows and woes,
I wrote a letter to a friend and imagined myself in his shoes.


I wrote a letter to a friend whilst tears streamed down my face,
I wrote letters to a friend and wondered if I sent them would he feel less betrayed?
I wrote these letters to a friend while imagining his replies;
I wrote these letters to a friend but I didn't know it was going to be our goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment