April 4, 2017

An Open Letter to those who are Feeling Blue

Hey you,

How have you been these days? Are things going well? Or are you feeling a bit unwell? You see, Ive been feeling blue just recently but through some encouraging words and some distractions, I got over it and now I'm writing this... 

I figured there may be someone who was feeling the same as I did but has no one to turn to. So, I'm writing this for you. I want you to know that everything's gonna be alright, it may sound trite but it's true.  Do know that what you're feeling is fleeting; no suffering is unending. 

You may be feeling so alone right now, detached from everything that's happening around you. You may be feeling so out of touch with certain things, out of place with your family and friends... Regardless of what the cause of your loneliness is, I hope that you can keep in mind that you are loved, you are important and you are not alone.

If you want to cry your eyes out, go ahead. If you are sad then so be it. I'm not gonna tell you to suck it up or say that you're just being overly dramatic. There are certain times in our lives that one who'd just feel lost, tired and blue. It may be that time for you. Don't worry, I certainly wouldn't judge you. In fact, I feel you. 

You know how they say that there's always a rainbow after the rain? I've been fond of that saying, I appreciated it's message, I hope you can too. Also, it's an earnest hope you wouldn't be sad for long. I don't want you to miss out on things. More than ever, I want you to go out there and realize that you are fortunate, you are blessed. 

What I say may not make much difference with your current state of mind, but if there's anything that I'm pretty sure of it's that I know you're gonna be just fine, just as I am now. 


                                                                                                               Someone who understands you,


No comments:

Post a Comment