November 20, 2015

Perhaps Tomorrow

It's been a while. A lot has happened since; some were not as good as the others. In fact, what happened of late was utterly devastating and heartbreaking, well for me at least.

I had to deal with a lot of my long-delayed aspirations. As it turned out, none of my plans pushed through. I guess I was too caught up with my desire to achieve them that I was not really able to weigh the odds or listen to what others thought of. I remember a relative told me that sometimes we only hear the voice of our desires and that we tend to forget to listen to what God wants for us. I mean sure, we make our own choices but if it's not for you, it would never push through! I mean, He has well-laid plans for each of us. But did you ever stop to listen to what God had to say? I guess I did hear something but as stubborn as I am, I went ahead with what I wanted.

depressed anthony michael hall movies breakfast club weird science
from giphy.com
And oh boy, was I in for such a disappointment! I ended up crying my eyes out and losing my appetite for like two days! I mean it! Looking back, I was a nasty little b*tch to live with, but my family did not complain or if they did they made sure that I did not hear any of it. I've been known to over think things and get dejected easily. So, I was very grateful when my family refrained from talking about the incident. My friends, at least the ones who know, were also great support system. They've been quite aware of how badly I aspired for that chance. They came for me and listened, as in really listened (which is so unlike them, since we share a rather wry sense of humor). They dropped by or messaged me as often as their busy schedule allowed. (Thanks girls!)

I'm actually speaking in riddles, haven't really mentioned what really happened! I kindly ask that you bear with me as I still am getting over this incident and cannot divulge much detail, hahaha... I am still very much trying to overcome these difficulties and still in the process of realizing a lot of things, among them is that there is always a time for everything, life may be short but there is no need to rush things. Likewise, I still have a lot of things to be thankful for. And that regardless of what happened today, I can just try again. I may encounter the same difficulties, but surely I will be better prepared and a bit thick-skinned at that. My plans might have fallen through now. But I can always try again. I may not know for how long I'm supposed to endure but for as long as there is tomorrow, there's always a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment